Saturday, August 13, 2011

starting off the weekend right...

My cousin's in town from Boston...a great excuse for more nola food & some tours!!  We went straight from the airport to Mandina's...sooo full!  I had an open face roast beef sandwich...I would bathe in that gravy I love it so much! No need for dinner tonight.  My cousin, Jacob, & my Dad both had bowls of gumbo & Jacob agreed, you just CAN'T get this kind of food in Boston...a damn shame!!  Just one of the MANY perks to living in the Big Easy.

I'll be taking Jacob on my french quarter tour, he'll be my first family member to go for a tour since my mom went on a practice tour with me at the beginning.  And, since he grew up in Boston, he'll have a different perspective.  He's 21 years old, so that also means I'll be taking him to my favorite haunts...he said he likes wine, so Delachaise (my home away from home) is first on the list!

I think I may have a case of the vapors from this southern heat, I just got dizzy getting out of the car.  I may have to lie down for a while & drink a little iced tea to cool off.  Lord have mercy, how will I survive the rest of this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment