Sunday, August 14, 2011

losing steam

I was all set to enjoy dirty martinis for Dirty Linen Night down on Royal St. yesterday, sadly, I ended up passing out on my couch!  I woke up to a text from friends ready to meet up in the French Quarter.  I guess the busy week just finally caught up with me.  I made it out last Saturday night for White Linen Night & melted on Julia St!!  I can't wait for Fall & Art for Art's Sake, then we can enjoy art, booze, schmoozing without suffocating from the humidity & baking in the sweltering galleries.

Off to see a movie at my favorite local movie theater & the ONLY neighborhood theater left in the city, the Prytania.  I live walking distance from the Prytania, which is one of the best perks about my neighborhood besides the proximity of my house to the streetcar line.  It's always important to support our local businesses & New Orleanians are hard core about it!!

I've got that "super committee" meeting tomorrow morning for FOC's coordination of the Ken Burns Jazz Event coming up in October.  I'm the only new tour guide on the committee, which is quite an honor.  I'm looking forward to finding out what my role will be in the process.

I just walked outside & was pleasantly surprised by the temperature, guess the rain cooled things down a bit.  We have to appreciate the little things in mid-August.  Just trying not to think about the fact that we're entering the height of hurricane season...gives me serious anxiety.  In fact, just thinking about the possibility of a hurricane is gonna require another xanax.  So, I think I'll just tuck that into the recesses of my brain again for now & live in denial for as long as possible.  That said, the most important stuff to take with me during an evacuation is already packed up.

Back to happier thoughts...movie time in the nice cold theater....better go grab a cardigan.






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the "super committee!"

    ReplyDelete