Thursday, August 18, 2011

"closed toe shoes required to tour the brew house"

I'm headed to Abita Brewery w/a friend tomorrow for a tour of the brew house & a lot of tasting!  I just checked the website for tour times, address, etc. & noticed the following special regulation, "closed toe shoes required to tour the brew house".  I'm glad I noticed this before hitting the road, it is summer, & sandals were my most likely choice.  I am curious to find out why closed toe shoes are required, I have some theories, but as I'm not that familiar with brew houses, it's just a guessing game.  All these years, I've been drinking Abita beer, but I've never gotten around to visiting the Abita brewery...so, it's about time!  It's so great to be a tourist in your own town...& of course, I ain't leaving my tour guide license at home...hoping it'll get me another free entry. 

Nothing too exciting to report on otherwise today, I skipped the TGAGNO monthly meeting this evening.  I was exhausted & had a splitting headache.  A tour guide friend of mine went & texted me later to say it was good I didn't bother going b/c the meeting was giving her a headache!  I'll give it a try next month.  BTW, yes, I know that is a ridiculously long acronym, but it's an even more ridiculously long association name!  I'm going to join soon, it's best to keep up with all things tour guide in nola & I can get tour guide insurance through the group.  But, I'm glad I stayed at home on my couch this evening.

Ok, I must go get my beauty sleep so I can wake up fresh for my trip to Abita, LA tomorrow.  We'll be crossing the Causeway...our famously long bridge over Lake Pontchartrain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment