Friday, November 4, 2011

AND a praline to go...

The Tastebud Tours culinary tour test run led by a fellow tour guide, Richard Crawford, yesterday was a great success!!  OMG, I was about to burst at the end, I was so full.  We started at Serio’s on St. Charles Ave. with a full quarter of a muffaletta.  Then, on to Café Beignet at Musical Legends Park on Bourbon St. for 1 large doughy & powder sugar covered beignet…a great way to balance out the savory sandwich we’d started off with.  After that, we made our way to the Old Coffeepot, which is known for a great breakfast, but we had some excellent samples of super spicy seafood gumbo & chicken & sausage jambalaya.  I’d highly recommend trying the Old Coffeepot, it’s at the top of my list the next time I go out for breakfast!  I’d never been to any of these eateries before & I enjoyed all of them.  But, the tour was NOT nearly done there, we headed to Johnny’s, a classic nola dive, for a roast beef po’ boy.  Finally, we ended at Laura’s Candies for little tastes of their fudge & pralines, then we selected a fresh praline for the road.  What a gloriously glutinous afternoon!!

We may change things up a bit, but the tours should start in about two weeks & I’ll definitely be joining the Tastebud Tours family to guide this tour!  I can’t wait, I’ve been wanting to do culinary tours since I first got my license! 

Tonight, I’m volunteering for the Louisiana Museum Foundation at the Preservation Hall at 50: Celebrating Jazz & Old U.S. Mint Jazz Venue Debut Gala held at the Old U.S. Mint.  I’ve gotta go throw on a black skirt & white top…not so glamorous, but if this gets me free entry into the event, then you won’t hear any complaints from me.  Preservation Hall Jazz Band will be playing & there will be some great food. 

So far, this has turned out to be a damn good week…what will next week have in store, you may ask?  I'll probably be hearing from New Orleans Culinary History Tours about guiding their culinary tour & their new cocktails tour.  I’ve also gotta start working on my Jewish History & Culture Today tour for Tour-New-Orleans.  So, the research, reading, & routing must begin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment